[Adonthell-devel] Re: SDL 1.3 and text input

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: SDL 1.3 and text input
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 00:07:36 +0100

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

>> In general, the gui code will have to be updated to work with UTF-8
>> encoded strings.
>
> Still left to do. I'll take care of that, if nobody else wants to have a go.

Rendering should be fine now, but input still needs some updates.
ASCII input appears to work again, but I didn't manage to type
anything else complex yet. Not sure what's wrong there.

Also, there are some more untested changes to the SDL 1.2 input
backend. Will have wait 'til next week before I can verify that.

So it seems there are a couple more hours to invest into this, but
overall it should be an improvement to what we had before, so it's
been worth the time.