[Adonthell-devel] Re: Status update ...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Status update ...
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:01:07 +0100

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Happy New Year!

> Another thing to note: I did try out SDL 1.2.14 to see if the issues
> we had seen on OSX have been fixed, but to no avail. [...]
> Probably best to waste no more
> time on this and default to SDL 1.3 on OSX.

Did just that in the end. The odd thing is, with latest SDL 1.3 SVN, I
get strange noises when keeping keys pressed for movement (as if it's
generating invalid key codes). Have not that on OSX 10.4 with a much
older revision. Doesn't happen in any of the SDL test programs that
I've tried, so it must be related to something we do. Need to
investigate more ...

> P.S. There's some more time to work on stuff before the end of the
> year and early next year, so hopefully some progress to report soon.

Wishful thinking! Truth to be told, I spent the time around New Year
with a cold and didn't feel like exercising my paralyzed brain with
anything complicated ;-). Now there's one more holiday tomorrow, than
it's back to work. So at least you'll see me around IRC during the day
more regularly than the last weeks. Should also get back to coding for
real anytime soon :-).