[Adonthell-devel] Re: Loading/Saving characters

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Loading/Saving characters
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:35:03 +0100

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Anyway, with a clear goal in front of me, I hope the actual coding
> will not take me too long. I'd like to have that ready by the weekend.

It's finally done. Got things more or less working, although there
might be some minor issues left.

The biggest problem is that currently, race and species are set after
read from the rpg instance at that point is wrong. Therefore, the next
step needs to be updating the load/save part of rpg character to
include species and race. That way, it will be available by the time
the world stuff is initialized (and more hardcoded entries can be
removed from worldtest).

The other thing on my list is the creation of a "world_manager" that
will take care of loading/saving the complete world module: map, map
view and pathfinding. This would become the object to register at the
savegame manager and allow us to specify which map to load initially.
That should help to get rid of the remaining hardcoded bits in
worldtest.

>From that point, we should actually be able to use worldtest to run
anything that has the proper data files in place.

So we need to get back to the editors as well. First step here is to
update modeller, as the model file format has changed. Mapedit is
probably broken as well, as I refactored the map class quite
drastically. It shouldn't be affected by the map format changes,
however.