[Adonthell-devel] Re: Loading/Saving characters ... somewhat broken

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Loading/Saving characters ... somewhat broken
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:35:01 -0700

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug that crept in somewhere along
> my changes. At one point, the controls where somehow inverted
> (pressing right made the character walk left, etc ...), and now when
> pressing any directional key, the character simply falls through the
> ground. Will have to debug to figure out what went wrong.

As those who follow the IRC channel know, this bug has been fixed in
the meantime. It was caused by some missing data files.

> I'll keep you updated, but the plan is to continue with what I started
> and move all hardcoded stuff from worldtest into appropriate data
> files, so that we can use worldtest to run wastesedge (or what passes
> for that, at the moment).

Didn't get much further, but at least the next baby step is done. The
association between rpg and world character instance is now created
when a map is loaded.

Furthermore, I've eliminated the need for a reverse assocation in the
action scripts, so in total I've removed two more hardcoded items from
worldtest. There are still things remaining, but those can go too by
moving them into the appropriate put_state/get_state methods.
(Schedules and location for world::character, species and group for
rpg::character). I will get to that next.