[Adonthell-devel] Makefile question

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Makefile question
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:18:18 +0200

I've created the .glade file for questedit, but now I've run into a problem.

I would like to include the .glade stuff in the source code (as with
mapedit or modeller), but if possible without having two copies of it.
My idea was to create a header file at make time that will contain the
.glade XML as a string. However, I don't seem to get it to work.

Here's the target of the Makefile:

wnd_questedit.h : questedit.glade
        cat << EOF > $@ \
        #ifndef WND_QUESTEDIT_H \
        #define WND_QUESTEDIT_H \
        \
        char main_wnd[] = \
        EOF

#       sed -e 's/"/\\"/g' -e 's/>$/>"/' -e 's/^( *)</\1"</' $< >> $@

        cat <<EOF >> $@ \
        ; \
        \
        #endif \
        EOF

Aside from the sed command not properly working yet, I don't even get
the #ifdef stuff in the resulting file. Does anyone know what I am
doing wrong?

Or does anyone have a better idea of including the .glade stuff in the
code without doing it manually?