Re: [Adonthell-devel] Mac Gui Problems ... and a workaround

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Mac Gui Problems ... and a workaround
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:40:24 +0100

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Rian Shelley <address@hidden> wrote:

> A simple test program might be to load two images, one with an alpha
> and no background, the other with out an alpha which is basically the
> first image with a black background. Then, in a test program, clear
> the bg to white, and then blit both of the images to it. If one shows
> up with a black background, and the other shows up with a white
> background, then it blitted correctly and alpha is not the problem. If
> they both show up with black backgrounds, then there is an issue, but
> not ours. I am thinking that the non-alpha image will blit fine, but
> the alpha image will not blit at all.

I'll try that one out tomorrow, as it should be simple enough to do.
That way you can keep working on the dialogue widget.

> Otherwise, we can try varying the parameters on the surfaces in any
> way we can think of that is different between worldtest and guitest.

They're initialized the same, so the screen surface shouldn't be any
different. Also, the character has a real alpha channel (at least some
of the frames) and when you step over the edge of the world, it blits
just fine onto the blank screen.