[Adonthell-devel] Re: Dialog ideas for Alpha3

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Dialog ideas for Alpha3
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:44:14 -0500

I've given some thought to the dialog possibilities for Alpha3 and have concluded that having a full dialog tree for all eight of the physical Powers (much less the demi-Powers or the invisible Powers) would probably be overkill. The only scenario in which I think it would not be overkill would be if we were trying to demonstrate the depth of DB's dialog trees by presenting in alpha a dialog tree as deep as the one y'all used for WE.

That being said, I favor including the Green Lady and the Axe-bearer, with both presented in essentially mortal form. The player's goal would be to discover who they really are. They would appear (in my first blush design) as a Half-Elven woman and a Dwarven man. I don't know what they would be doing yet, other than waiting to be addressed. I'm also not sure what the pay-off would be.

Any thoughts?

Andrew