Re: [Adonthell-devel] Looking to help!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Looking to help!
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 22:05:46 +0100

On Feb 8, 2008 5:41 PM, Rian Shelley <address@hidden> wrote:

> I believe that I have successfully implemented all of your suggestions:

That was fast :-).

> All of the underscores in the method names should be gone

Oops. Should have been the other way round (i.e. conditional_purge or
set_max_mem). Sorry, if I confused you.

One final thing that could be done now, is generating the Python
wrappers for the new cache class. That is usually achieved by
including new classes in the corresponding module under
src/py-wrappers/adonthell. In our case, that would be adding the line
'%include "gfx/surfacecacher.h"' to the end of py_gfx.i. SWIG will
then take care of the rest.

With the wrapper in place, a test script could be written (see
examples in the test/ directory) that would serve two purposes:
* act as a usage example
* allow (some) regression testing in case of code changes

Since Tyler will integrate your code with his own, I'm not sure how
much sense it makes to do that right now, as things might change a
bit. But if you want to get more familiar with that aspect of the
engine, you could give it a shot.