Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:22:52 +0100

On Jan 17, 2008 10:51 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2008 2:20 AM, Stanislav Yudin <address@hidden> wrote:

> > And second, I need some directions. If there were some description of
> > problems with no solution, which were easy enough for newcomer and would
> > help him understand architecture and simply get the big picture, that would
> > be great.
>
> I have something in mind, but there is no task description available
> yet. I can put something together once I am home from work.

Here they are:
* http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Map_Events
* http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Gfx_Cache
* http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Items_on_Map

And a fresh entry in the bug list as well
* http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Bugfixes

Feel free to pick what suits you most, but I would recommend the map
event stuff. The item stuff is a bit more complicated, and the image
caching is probably already given a shot by Tyler.

I know that the task description is not very detailed; that way you
can be more creative in designing and implementing the feature. Of
course, we can always discuss specific questions on the mailing list
or on IRC/ICQ/whatever.

Take your time to look through stuff on the Wiki and let me know if
there is anything else I can do to get you started.

If you find sections of the Wiki that could be improved to make things
easier for new developers, we also would be glad to hear about that
:-).