Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:47:21 +0100

On Jan 15, 2008 7:09 PM, Clément Plantier <address@hidden> wrote:

> I hope you'll find some help. Maybe I could help later, but it's
> currently difficult for me (finishing studies, a lot of projects to do...)

You have already helped with bug reports and a French translation will
be a big thing! If a couple more people like you (or Tyler) were
around, who contribute something useful every now and then, that would
speed things up already. One or two additional "full time" developers
would be awesome, of course :-).

> Whatever, I just wanted to know if Waste's Edge 0.3 is compatible with
> the 0.4 engine, or if another demo is planned for the 0.4 engine.

The two will not be compatible. That's one reason why v0.4 is taking
so much time. A lot of it is rewritten from the ground up, based on
the experience we gathered with v0.3.

Since v0.4 will finally contain combat and items, there is another
demo planned, bigger than Waste's Edge. You can read more about it on
the Wiki, but it might spoil the game for you:

http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Quests:Contents

There's a related thing I nearly forgot: when releasing an update of
v0.3 with your French translation, it should also be prepared for
being installed side-by-side with v0.4. A simple solution would be to
rename the executable to adonthell-0.3 and have adonthell as a symlink
pointing to it for the time being. Later it could point to
adonthell-0.4 by default.