Re: [Adonthell-devel] NGuy can fly

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] NGuy can fly
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:42:29 -0700

On 7/16/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

I think I've categorized the weirdness in the demo. The apparent dimensions
and the working dimensions of the platforms don't seem to match. On the
"upscreen" side, they're perfect. On the "downscreen" side, they're maybe
one or two NG-thicknesses too long.

It's an issue related to the lack of proper collision detection.
Bounding boxes are the size of the grid (i.e. at least 40x40), That's
also the case for NG and explains why it works fine at the back of the
platform, but not the front.

If it concerns you, I could extend the platforms a bit on the front,
so it looks right at least, but the problem is really in the lack of
proper bounding boxes. That's one of the first step on the road map,
though.

Good job, though, Kai. It's a great starting point.

Thanks :-). Most credit needs to go to Alex, though. I just did some
porting work and figured out the model format (no big deal if you can
read the code).