Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Development activity

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Development activity
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 09:26:13 +0100

On 1/7/07, Jeff Shipley <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm trying to get this to build, but I'm having some trouble with swig.  I
have swig 1.3.27 installed, and ./configure in the adonthell directory
recognizes it. [...] When I try to run 'make', I get the following errors:

[...]

It appears that make is trying to compile the code section for SWIB v <=
1.3.24 instead of v >= 1.3.25

Have you seen this happen before?

Yeah, we've seen a similar behaviour with 1.3.28 I believe. Maybe the
#if is not really working or SWIGVERSION is not properly defined for
some versions of SWIG.

My first thought was to go look for a swig-dev module, but I'm not finding one.

I don't think there is one, since SWIG doesn't come with header files
or libs required for development. It just has an executable and a
couple of template files that are used to generate the wrapper code.

I am using SWIG 1.3.29 on OSX and didn't have any problems. Can you
look at py_runtime.cc and check that there is a line like that
present:

   #define SWIGVERSION 0x010327

If you like, I could install an older version and do some tests
myself. Might be better to fix that issue if some distros still come
with older versions of SWIG (although we most likely would distribute
the files generated by SWIG with a source tarball, just not keep them
in CVS).

Speaking of that, I've updated the website with the new instructions
and also added a few more modules we've added in the meantime. Thanks
for making me aware of the change :-).