Re: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32 build progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32 build progress
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:21:30 -0700

On 9/16/06, Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden> wrote:

So I suppose I'll have a look at OpenGL rendering instead (make no
mistake - no hidden plan to turn Adonthell into a 3D game here). It
seems like a SDL 1.3 feature, but fortunately making a true OpenGL
backend under 1.2 doesn't seem so hard (according to this article:
http://osdl.sourceforge.net/OSDL/OSDL-0.3/src/doc/web/main/documentation/rendering/SDL-openGL.html

Sounds good and should speed up rendering somewhat, doesn't it? Which
also means we need something to render first ;-).

As to my own progress, I've compiled v0.3 and all dependencies on
msys/mingw, so I'll put together a release one of these days. I've
compiled most dependencies for v0.4, except pkg-config. That requires
glib and glib requires pkg-config so I'll have to resort to installing
a precompiled pkg-config. Should be okay though, since it's only
required for package management after v0.4 is installed. (Tools like
dlgedit depend on it to find the adonthell header files and
libraries).

So, if I can compile/link v0.4 successfully, I'll go on and give
dlgedit a try, which will require GTK+ and a couple more things,
although I think those are pretty easy to install.

If I have no success, I'll wait for Joël to come up with the cmake
stuff and concentrate on releasing v0.3 instead. That still requires
me to figure out which python files are required so it can run without
an actual python installation.