Re: [Adonthell-devel] Brief update ...

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Brief update ...
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:18:18 +0200

Hey,

However, first of all I want to try building a universal binary for
v0.3 on OSX. That should help me setting the v0.4 build system up to
do the same, since I fear that most Macs will be Intel-based by the
time it'll be released :'-(.

Maybe our machines will even use quantum processors by then! :p

After that is done, I might also see how far I can get with a win32
build of the v0.4 stuff, as that might help Andrew with charedit.
Probably will setup Eclipse for C++, hoping that it'll support our
Makefiles, so we do not need to take care of two different build
systems.

I think that our building system (good old autoconf/automake) is just
obsolete right now. I've been able to look at some other building
solutions (cmake, scons, ...) and they just seem much better (suppport
for real Windows development tools like *gasp* Visual Studio, better
portability, shorter building configuration files, and so on). I think
I'll evaluate them on 0.4, as a way to get back into it.

And now that SDL finally seems to have a decent OpenGL backend, I
suddently have renewed interest in graphical programming.

So, Alex back to code? Yeah, almost. ;)
Alex.