Re: [Adonthell-devel] Audio Module commited

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Audio Module commited
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:25:41 -0600

On 10/10/05, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/8/05, Tyler Nielsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Kai,
>
>  I added the audio module.

Great! I only had a brief look, but it seems to fit perfectly with the
code layout :-). What might be required is a check for SDL_Mixer in
the configure script. I hadn't installed that, so I couldn't compile
at first.

Sorry I've been busy at work lately and haven't been able to spend much time looking at this.  I just got something committed that should check for SDL_Mixer.  I am not much good at automake though, so it could be wrong.

>  I have a question about get_state and put_state though.  What, if anything,
> should audio_event be doing with those calls.  It seems to me, like they
> should be ignored, and the event would be recreated when the sound started
> playing again.  But I'm not exactly sure what they are supposed to do, and
> when they are called.

I guess the state of audio events would not need to be saved, just as
you say. So you could leave these methods empty.

Other event types will have to be persisted when saving a game. They
will be stored when calling put_state of the event factory and will be
loaded and registered through the factory again when loading the game
at a later point.

For audio events, no persistance should be required.