[Adonthell-devel] quests, quest events and log book

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] quests, quest events and log book
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:44:12 +0200

I have committed a more complete quest implementation, including events when the status of a quest changes. Unlike in v0.3, where quest state flags where created at runtime, they need to be predefined in the new code. Therefore, a editor will be required to create the quest tree. Since I had no time for this, I wrote a little Python script that will convert a quest tree in XML format into the format required by the engine (test/convert_quests.py). A sample quest tree for use with the questtest.py test script can be found in test/data/quests.xml. To run questtest.py, you need to specify the -g parameter, so that the quest.data file can be found:

  python questtest.py -g /home/kai/adonthell/src/test

(-g will add the given directory to the game data search path of the engine).

What isn't finished yet is adding log book entries on start or completion of a quest. It's the next point on my list though.

I will write some more documentation for the quest stuff in the Wiki, when I find the time.