Re: [Adonthell-devel] Looking to help develop adonthell

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Looking to help develop adonthell
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:41:36 -0600

On 8/23/05, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On 8/22/05, Tyler Nielsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> To get adonthell/tests to compile I had to add in test/Makefile.am:
> -L$(top_builddir)/src/py-wrappers/adonthell -ladonthell_py_runtime
> But then when I run guitest or inputtest, it just gives 'Floating
> point exception'.

This might be a problem caused by the last change I committed only a
few days ago. There are a few problems that I haven't adressed yet. So
things might be broken. Can you try any of the python scripts? Do they
work? At least the eventtest.py should ...

So, I finally got around to digging into the 'Floating point exception' problem I was having.  Basically what it looks like is that there is a problem with some of the static initilization.  'event_type::NamedTypes' and 'event_type::Types' were being constructed after 'TimeEventManager'.  TimeEventManager uses NamedTypes and Types in it's constructor so I was getting a crash.  I found more infomation about it at: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ctors.html#faq-10.12

I'm not sure if there is a better way to fix it, but attached is a patch that fixes the problem for me.  After that, I'm getting most of the python scripts to run.  I'm still looking though the structure of the code, but I am heading down the path of resolving some of the audio tasks.

Tyler Nielsen