Re: [Adonthell-devel] Website update

From: James Nash
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Website update
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:45:25 +0000

Yeah, I agree.

The new joining page is very good btw!

        - James

On Mar 21, 2005, at 17:42, Andrew Michael Phillips wrote:

Kai,
I like the idea of making it available without actively publicizing it.
Thanks.
Andrew
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Kai Sterker wrote:

In preperation for recruiting new developers, I have rewritten those
parts of the website dealing with this issue. See

    http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/development/join.shtml

I hope it's much more helpful to newcomers now.

As you can see, it also contains links to the plot mailing list and
the plot web, those parts that were so far hidden from the public.
(The main reason is of course that reading all the stuff in advance
would spoil the game for players).

OTOH, developers need to know about it, espacially artists and
writers, but it could also be a great motivation for programmers. So I
think we should not really hide it anymore. Not sure whether we should
advertise it openly, but people should be able to find it. (You can
already find the plot web on Google anyway.) What do you think about
it?

Andrew Phillips
God Bless Our Troops
cptlogic at endor dot hsutx dot edu
"Let the Prince win his spurs"
-C.S.Lewis: The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe