Re: [Adonthell-devel] Environment 'simulation'

From: Lakin Wecker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Environment 'simulation'
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:56:19 -0600

It's been awhile since I posted here, in fact it's been awhile since I have
been subscribed to the list, but I've resubscribed and plan on paying
attention to adonthell's development.  I still have limited time but this
idea caught my attention so I figured I'd respond.

It's a great idea Kai. I would think you could make it more general. As I
said, I haven't been involved with adonthell for awhile so I have no idea
what sorts of "senses" are meant to be included in the game, but it would be
pretty easy to extend this idea to be about senses rather than just sounds.

Various gameworld entities would listen to and be targets of various senses.

This way someone with great hearing trying to eavesdrop could still be foiled
if the communication was completely magical, or vice versa.

Just my two cents.

Lakin