Re: [Adonthell-devel] ::gui::base::method???

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] ::gui::base::method???
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:52:22 +0100

Am Montag, 09.02.04 um 13:16 Uhr schrieb Joel Vennin:

What version of gcc you used ? I'm using gcc 3.3.2

gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1493)

... which probably says it all ;-).

the :: is in the C++ specification. I've use it because there is a name space called base. And i've a class with the same name. So when i include some headers which inculdes the namespace base there is a problem. So the only way is to used gui::base ....

Seems that that specific gcc gets confused when something other than void comes before ::. Guess it believes that bool (or anything else) is a namespace. Leaving :: away shouldn't make a difference, does it?

But about :: it's a stardard ...

Doesn't it mean something like 'global scope'? Anyway, we all know about C++ and standards, right ;-).