Re: [Adonthell-devel] How to generate translation files?

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] How to generate translation files?
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:24:24 +0100

> I have gettextize adonthell with the latest gettext version just now,
> but that lead to some problems. For one, I now have SWIG 1.3.21
> installed, where the functions have the _Python_ infix. So I am going
> to change our code to use these functions instead. (They're used in the
> instance passing part). I would also suggest to drop pre-python 2.2
> support.

I did it already, not commited yet though.

> If we are going to make a new release, it might as well use the newest
> version of libraries out there.

Absolutely right.

> On a different note: you have disabled the Python.framework detection
> in the configure script, Alex? Was that making problems? It is required
> on OS X, if Python is installed the OS X way. (A framework is pretty
> similar to a dynamic library)

Oh, yes. Sorry about this, but adonthell failed to compile under Linux with it
enabled. I'll paste you the exact error message once I'm back home.

> Shall I finish my changes (need to include libintl to the linker
> arguments)? Shouldn't take long ...

You can go ahead. I haven't done much yet, and even if we conflict I could
easily solve it.

By the way, is my fix for 0.4 harmless under MacOSX?

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org