Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not^H^H^H working anymore^H^H^H^H^H^H

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not^H^H^H working anymore^H^H^H^H^H^H^again
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:05:35 +0100

Got it! I wanna smash my head against the wall though, for how stupid it was
and how long I have been to find it out.

Short explanation: the Python wrapper for the 'main' library wasn't linked to
the 'main' library. Hence a linking problem depending on the cleverness of
the operating system's loader (MacOS X' seems to be clever than GNU on this
one).

After adding the correct linking statement, it does work. At first I thought
it wasn't that because I replaced the libpython link by a link to main. Of
course, I had the same error, but for a different reason.

Libltdl is to blame too. The bitch had nothing else than "File not found" to
say, even though the problem was completely different. I'll try to figure out
where is screwed up precisely to signal it to the developers.

Anyway, now I have a clear idea of what the main library is doing, which was
worth the time spent on it.

Back to some more serious work - have fun! :)
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org