Re: [Adonthell-devel] Compile error uner cygwin

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Compile error uner cygwin
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:34:16 +0100

Am Freitag, 23.01.04 um 05:41 Uhr schrieb Andrew Michael Phillips:

No, it doesn't. Automake says that it is version 1.7.6, by the way.

This, I think, may be the problem. autogen seems to be looking for
automake 1.6, as I get this when I run the autogen script found in the 0.3
directory:

aclocal-1.6: Command not found.
automake-1.6: Command not found.

If you remove the -1.6 suffix, it might work (unless there is an incompatibility between 1.6 and 1.7). In that case, you could use the source package instead, which already contains the configure script and such:
  http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/download/source.shtml

If that does not work, we could still update stuff for automake 1.7.

I get this when I run autogen in the main adonthell directory:

aclocal: configure.in: 77: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library

copy the sdl.m4 file into the proper aclocal data directory. Should be the one below: /usr/autotool/devel/share/aclocal/

You should add the contents of
`/usr/autotool/devel/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
 `aclocal.m4'.
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,

Odd. AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is there. AC_CONFIG_HEADERS isn't, but AM_CONFIG_HEADER should do just the same.

configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using
aclocal).
libswigruntime/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is
undefined
libswigruntime/Makefile.am:1:
libswigruntime/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'

AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is also there, but perhaps processing of configure.in was stopped before, so that there are troubles.

Can you give the exact version numbers of autoconf and libtool you use? Then I can install the same and see what happens.

Although as far as libtool is concerned, anything other than 1.5 or later won't work for me on OS X. Autoconf is 2.57 here. Automake is 1.7.6, as on your side.