Re: [Adonthell-devel] What's next?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] What's next?
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 23:20:53 +0100

Am Dienstag, 02.12.03 um 13:03 Uhr schrieb Alexandre Courbot:

Great that you managed to get binaries to build for 0.4. But unfortunately, I can't get 0.4 source to compile - I get a failure from the configure related to Objective C because of the Mac OSX support. And if I remove the concerned
lines in the configure.in, then the build fails when compiling the main
module. I guess this is reproductible on any PC/Linux machine. Kai, can you
have a look at this?

I fixed it. Compiling on my Debian box works fine now. However, something is weird: while the C++ inputtest version runs well, the python scripts fail to run. Error message I get:

  Failed to load module /main/sdl:
  unknown error

So the new sdl backend for libadonthellmain isn't loading when using it from Python. However, when running C++ inputtest there is no such problem. Could you check whether the same happens on your box too?

Hadn't much time to look into it so far, but if it turns out to be a common problem I'll better solve it first.