Re: [Adonthell-devel] Thoughts on character implementation

From: Nils Fohrbeck
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Thoughts on character implementation
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 15:01:29 +0100

The thing I send you now is really basic. It is mor like okay let us implement
this first test it, and then do the other stuff.

As far as advancement of NPCs is concerned (programmwise). how about the
following: There is an Object Character (or person) which has all the skills,
but all
of them are set to 0 (so this is pretty useless). Depending on which NPC (or
even PC) you are you advance from there. So for example a wolf would be a
character (the object) with improved melee, defense and life (but no skills).
By defining how much the wolf improves per level, we can easily do the table
you
spoke of (such as +1 to all of these per level). The PCs are the only ones who
can choose what to improve as they advance.

What's your opinion on this?

Ps: This should be easily combinable with the folder tree Alex described. For
example all dwarfs would have a few ranks in drinking ect.