Re: [Adonthell-devel] Non-Latin fonts

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Non-Latin fonts
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:56:13 +0100

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:14:31 -0500 Josh Glover wrote:

> Quoth jo?l vennin (Wed 2003-01-22 06:49:37PM +0100):
> >
> > If you wait the next week (because my last exam is friday). I'll
> > update the old gui stuff to support truetype font with unicode ....
>
> Unicode is well worth waiting a week for! (Sorry for all the
> consonance! ;)

Which covers part of the unicode support question you had, Josh. (Sorry
for not getting at this any sooner!)

What I wonder is, how does gettext handle unicode? Maybe I should RTFM
myself, but just in case somebody has already experience in that
direction.

In case it would return unicode strings somehow packed into a char*
array, most of Adonthell would need no change. Only the window system
that finally displays the text needs to understand unicode. The rest
would just pass it through.