Re: [Adonthell-devel] Item spec

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Item spec
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:17:00 +0100

> Uh, wait! The dialogue stuff makes use of the python module too. As it
> is very basic, we should keep it on both sides. However, if we need
> more functionality on the server side, we could easily extend it
> there.

But does it use our python layer? If so, well that's not serious anyway,
as I didn't think about the editors when saying that. I'm mainly talking
about the game - moreover maybe what I said was wrong! :)

> Anyway, if all changes to the Python module are attribute access, I
> could do that myself. If you plan more, then feel free :).

Help yourself! :) I'm seriously overloaded for now - I'll have a look at
what you did, anyway.

> Just one thing I wonder: should we return python attributes as
> PyObject and leave it to the requester to check their type an convert
> them as neccessary. Or should py_object take care of that?

Good question. If py_object makes the conversion, we'll lose the
different types. Or maybe we can write one method per data type, just as
Python does for its conversions.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org