Re: [Adonthell-devel] autoconf and automake problem

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] autoconf and automake problem
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:08:57 +0200

> > I am using libtool 1.4.2, btw.:
> >
> > address@hidden:src > libtool --version
> > ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.53 2001/09/11 03:18:52)
>
> $ libtool --version
> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2a (1.922.2.79 2001/11/28 21:50:31)
>
> So weird!

Ok, I got what's wrong! The problem came from the
AC_PREFIX_PROGRAM(adonthell) in configure.in. It set my build directory
to ... ./lib! I really don't know why, but it was this little thing that
pissed me off. Deactivating it makes Adonthell compile flawlessly. Since
its only goal is to look for a previously installed version of Adonthell
and set the prefix accordingly (which may or may not be a good thing,
for someone who for instance installed a packaged version and want to
try the bleeding edge from sources and would expect it to install to
/usr/local/), shall I blast it off? Then I can make the last safety
checks, create the packages, upload them on Monday and help making some
noise so people look at us! :)

Ah, also, while I'm at it, I'd like to suggest a correction for the
website, on the main page when we talk about Waste's Edge features.
"Atmospheric sfx" is wrong. Others features might make think that things
are better than what they are, but they are still true! :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org