Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows Fullscreen mode again

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows Fullscreen mode again
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 14:56:07 +0200

> Amazing! You're absolutely right :). Ladies and Gentlemen, windows
> fullscreen mode works in both 320x240 and 640x480, although latter is
> damn slow on my P200. I tested with win95, so if somebody with 2k or
> xp could have a look, that would be cool.
>
> So this evening, I'll sit down and make that installer script.
> Somebody else will have to create the installer though, as I can't
> upload stuff from home. There are also a few smaller things that need
> to be changed in the code, like version number and default
> configuration (320x240 fullscreen for windows, I'd say).

I'll do both (test on XP and 2K and make the installer) on Monday, and
can do the uploading as well.

> But then we should be able to release 0.3.3 early next week. What do
> you guys think?

Fine! My only request: please drop that autoload thing. It makes it
impossible to restart a new game unless you twiddle with the config
file. Maybe also we could tune the defaults of the config file for each
platform (ex: 320x240 fullscreen on windows (always safe), 640x480
windowed on Linux (fullscreen is almost sure not to work), etc.)

Is it ok?

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org