[Adonthell-devel] plot guidelines final draft

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] plot guidelines final draft
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:23:34 +0200

It's done. For now I've put everything I wanted into the plot design
guidelines. If you guys are happy with the result, we can finally add it
to the website. First of all, you had to recompile it on your box
though, cirrus. Otherwise, some people might have the same troubles I
had at first.

There is still one question unanswered: where to put the sources of this
and similar documents. The gfx docs, for example. I don't think they
should be part of the game engine, as they make not much sense for most
people. I would suggest to create a 'documentation' module on the
Savannah CVS server. There we could keep the sources of all docs not
directly related to the engine or playing a game. That way, they are (a)
backed up in case of problems with the maintainers box, (b) accessible
to everyone and we (c) have a version history, just in case.

It will also make things easier for you, Ben in case of the gfx docs. I
for example have spotted a few minor issues. Instead of bothering you
with the stuff, I could just make the fix and commit. And if cirrus
wanted to make changes to a section already latexxed, he could easily do
it himself.

So what do you say?