Re: [Adonthell-devel] static binaries?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] static binaries?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:57:00 +0200

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:25:34 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Oh, by the way! Have you used MikMod as I suggested for doing so? I
> realized a few days ago that ModPlug was available for GNU/Linux too
> (via apt-get), as an xmms plugin, and the output is much much much
> better. It nearly sounds as good as the tracks JT performed on studio.

Too late ;). Now I've done them with mikmod.

> So maybe we would want to make them with Modplug if we release them. I
> can easily make the wav/mp3/oggs and upload them at university.

Sure, why not. Maybe we shouldn't release all at once though. Just one
or two at a time. Once a week, perhaps. I could then write a bit of text
to accompany them, especially for the character themes.

I had a look at modplug btw. Not sure it really sounds that much better,
but it's got a feature to limit the number of loops. I looped every song
that was made to loop once, to make it a little longer, and that would
have been much easier with modplug. I suggest you do the same when you
convert them.