Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge CVS out of date?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge CVS out of date?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:51:56 +0200

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:13:11 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Ahhh ok! Sorry about it! :) But how about making the quick-load a
> command line option? If I want to start a new game after having saved,
> I just can't, and although it is a great feature, making it the
> default could lead to confusion.

Well, I imagine the in-game menu needed a 'start new game option' then.
I'm not against an additional command line switch, but that wouldn't be
the best solution to the problem. Most people wouldn't know it exists
unless they RTFM ;).

With the ability to start a new game from within the game you can even
start over without quitting and restarting Adonthell. Can't get much
more comfortable :).

> Well, anyway, Waste's Edge is working again now. Weee!

Everything else would have worried me :). It's still a little odd. The
quick-start code was intended to bring up the start menu if no valid
saved games exist. So something is wrong. I'll have a look.

It might also be better to display the full path instead of 'save.data'
in the error message. Then it would be obvious that the problem isn't
related to the data package.