Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:07:56 +0200

On Wed, 01 May 2002 12:10:24 +0000 cirrus wrote:

> > Looks like that. You should definately run configure with the
> > --enable-py-debug option. If there are any problems with the python
> > interpreter, you'll get more verbose error messages that way.
>
> That's what I told Nils last night but apparently it didn't say
> anything. He ues a different shell to bash though - tcsh or something
> (right, nils?) and I'm suspecting it perhaps directs STDERR somewhere
> else - as some of his errors were identical to the ones I had on
> Solaris but his output was shorter than mine. Is this a possibility or
> am I just mad?

I'm not familiar with anything but bash, so it might be the case. Or we
are both just mad ;). Just to be sure: you did a 'make clean' after
configuring with --enable-py-debug, right Nils? Otherwise it obviously
wouldn't work.

> Also, I remember my SOlaris copy had trouble with keyboard input too -
> just like with Nils the letters didn't work but the rest did. I can't
> remember if that was fixed though - I'll have to go ovr to CS and try
> it ot again.

Looks like a virus - your mail client is becoming infected too :P

But serious, I don't remember you ever told me about this. So it might
still be a problem. Perhaps our new input system fixes it though.