[Adonthell-devel] Windows fullscreen mode

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Windows fullscreen mode
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:01:30 +0200

I've been browsing sdl.org some more, and found a few things that
might help us.

The most interesting is certainly
http://sdldoc.csn.ul.ie/sdlwmtogglefullscreen.php
(Have a look at the user comments).

Looks like this function doesn't work reliable under
windows/DirectX. I guess if we add the FULLSCREEN flag to the
initial call to SDL_SetVideoMode (depending whether it is
requested in the config file or not) should be okay.

Oh, and I am also for making fullscreen mode the default :).

Another, less interesting thing is SDL_VideoDriverName function
that simply return the selected video driver. Should help to test
whether the directx driver is used or not.

Hope that helps resolving this last issue,