Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:05:02 +0200

On 22 Apr 2002 15:33:46 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> The main problem is how to handle the game directory. Actually, I
> think we could set it to ".", and when Adonthell will be started from
> the start menu the current directory will be the directory it resides
> into, right? So they will match no matter where you have chosen to
> install Adonthell.

Yeah, that should work.

The advantage of an installer over .zip files is that it'll work without
an external tool and allows to display a README and the like as well as
creating entries in the start menu and on the desktop (which means we'll
need an icon - cirrus!?). The latter can even be optional. And the
installer will increase the size by a mere 50K, that's nothing compared
to the 10-11M of the actual package.

> Btw. I think we should try to get sort of a quick poll system back on
> our website. To ask things like "Would you like to have .zip files?"
> "Have you enjoyed Waste's Edge?" "Who's your favorite developer?" ;)
> It was nice when we had it (and it was very well done btw, especially
> the poll creation interface)

I hear you, master ;).  Coming soon then ...