Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!
Date: 21 Apr 2002 09:42:02 +0200

> > Just uploaded (http://www.gnurou.org/adonthell-stuff/wintest.tgz) some
> > new Windows tests, that will hopefully do more than just image
>
> Well, alextest works very well, just like under Linux! :)

Ahhhhhh! :)

> However, the python test quits with a segfault and no stdout.txt. I
> tried to get a backtrace, but instead I got a BSOD (caused by gdb, not
> by pytest). I didn't do anything with the code yet. I'll have a closer
> look tomorrow. Maybe I should try to get a more recent version of gdb
> too.

Ohhhhhh... :(

> Anyway, we are on the right track, it seems. Should be only a matter of
> days now, I hope :).

I'd have rather bet for the contrary (alextest failing and pytest
working), but still, I'm glad anyway ;) The good thing is that we don't
need to change path separators (the '/') to '\'. I feared alextest would
fail because of this.

Still, it's weird that pytest fails so quickly. Maybe you can try
printing some stuff at the beginning of proggy.py. Also, the first
Python code that is loaded is site.py. Maybe you can try printing some
stuff at the beginning of this file too. Be carefull however, that maybe
the output would be written into a console, so make sure to run it into
a MS-DOS command shell. Last hint: delete the .pyc files.

Something else that I find weird: you said it segfaulted. But it's not
Python's kind to print 'Segmentation fault' under Windows. It'd rather
be SDL. If it is so, try a very simple proggy.py, without even importing
base and gfx, just printing some stuff.

I just hope Python won't make much troubles. Well, if it fails I'll come
back again with the simpliest possible program (just initialise and
leave Python, and print lots of stuff).

Ah, has the image bug (about the pink noise) appeared? Are you running
24bpp?

The good thing is that Ben will be able to watch and check his character
animations without any problems now, as for the 0.4 map engine we are on
the same level on Linux and on Windows.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org