Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:08:08 +0200

On 14 Apr 2002 12:49:46 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Gettext documentation suggests doing so, yes. Looks like they macros
> aren't stable enough to make it in /usr/share/aclocal yet. Strange
> thing is that I'm using the latest gettext from apt, that is,
> certainly the same as you (0.10.40-4)

I'm using 0.11 here. Installed it from source.

I made some more changes to the data. Added a dummy intl/ directory and
put some macros in acinclude.m4. Could you please try if it's working
now?

Over here, make runs through now. It correctly merges the new .pot file
into your fr.po and keeps already translated text. The error occured
because you did not fill in the header of the .po file. It seems that
some of the gettext tools check that and complain if some values aren't
set. Next I'm trying a 'make install', but first I'll have some lunch
:).

> Ah, of course. But in this case, why are you using _()? Raw strings
> would do it too, no?

To mark them for pygettext. Otherwise it wouldn't know that they should
be extracted.