Re: [Adonthell-devel] New dialogue engine committed

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New dialogue engine committed
Date: 13 Apr 2002 08:49:49 +0200

> Heh, that has nothing to do with python debugging :). The new dialogue
> engine executes most user defined code in a try block. And I problably
> know what is wrong too. I didn't bother to test the first dialogue after
> that was working, but when I made some fixes to get the second to
> function properly I forgot to update the first.
>
> Open demo_intro_1.py, find the __init__ method and add the line:
>     self.namespace = globals ()
>
> That'll fix it.

That did it!

> > I'd love to test it, but where do I find pygettest.py?
>
> With the python source distribution, or directly from their CVS:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/dist/src/Tools/i18n/

I've found another tool, maybe more usefull, named xpot. Just the same
as gettext, but it can read strings from many languages, including
Python. I've done a bit of translation using it, working flawlessly -
and it's so fun to see Waste's Edge in your native language! :) Along
with TT fonts and Windows support, this will make a nice 0.3.3 release,
I say.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org