Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test
Date: 11 Apr 2002 12:10:02 +0200

http://www.gnurou.org/adonthell-stuff/wintest.tgz does now contain a
simple zlib test. It won't open any SDL display, but will just try to
read the raw data from test.img. Be carefull, as I don't have included
the DLLs this time.

It should run during a few seconds and produce a big stdout.txt
(300-400K). I'll need it whole to see what happens, if/when it screws up
and why. Please sent stderr.txt also, in case an error happened.

The test program (in main.cc) is very simple - it just prints the size
of a bool, u_int8 and u_int16 (should be 1, 1 and 2), reads the mask,
alpha value and size of the image (should be 0, 1, 224, 49), will tell
where it is in the file a few times, and will read every single byte of
the image and print it on a line, with the previous and current position
in the file. As the image is mainly white, most of the bytes should be
equal to 255.

At the end of the program, it will print the final position, which
should be 21958. If it fails again there, maybe you can gunzip test.img
under Windows and check whether it's size is well 21958.

Hope this will help clearing things up!
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org