[Adonthell-devel] Skill code (was: skill checks)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Skill code (was: skill checks)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:42:26 +0200

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 15:04:43 +0200 Benjamin Walther-Franks wrote:

> I think it's a pretty good system! And I wouldn't call it uninventive,
> better: simple and easy, which is a good thing ;)

You're right, of course :).

> I think that with those two categories of skill checks (static and
> variable) we can more or less cover any situation, thus making it
> quite flexible.

Certainly. Here's the python module taking care of the skill system.
It's keeping track of the maximum ranks a character can gain and
implements the variable skill check. Static checks don't need any
additional functions as they can be made where necessary.

As I don't know where to put the code (would belong to the v0.4 game
data), I'll send it to the list so you can test and comment on it.