Re: [Adonthell-devel] dialogue compiler and related issues

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] dialogue compiler and related issues
Date: 05 Apr 2002 21:51:04 +0200

> Therefore each dialogue can be assigned to a 'project'. For example, the
> dialogues of Waste's Edge would be attached to 'wastesedge'. When
> find a game of the given project name and load the characters and quests
> from that game. The reason for this implementation is that it means you
> need not explicitly load character or quest data, just set the project
> once. And by not storing the full path to the data, different people
> should be able to work at the same dialogue no matter where the files
> are installed on their boxes. The new game class proved to be very
> useful for that :).

Good idea. This would be very usefull to have all the characters and
quests in one project file. This file could even be shared with others
editors, why not?

> Further, I added a few more files to libbase.a. As dlgedit needs
> game.cc, quest.cc, character_base.cc, storage.cc and fileops.cc, and
> since all those contain very basic things, I included them in libbase.a,
> so dlgedit only needs to link to that. Hope that is okay

No problem. They are all very low-level classes anyway. Maybe some of
them will go in another module, but that's no problem for now.

> So much for what I did. Now on to what comes next. I'll start changing
> the dialogue engine to use i18n and the new dialogue script interface.
> The question is, should I make those changes to the v0.3 tree? I think
> so, as that has a working window system, so I can easily test things.
> That way we can also release a v0.3.3 with German and French (and
> possibly other) data. Of course, as discussed earlier we also need true
> type fonts for v0.3. Would be nice if you'd concentrate on that once you
> have time, Joel. Then we might be able to release something in May.

Guess your today's mail answers the 0.3 merge ;) Yeah, we definitely
should. I'll also ask Jol to concentrate on the TT font stuff. AFAIK,
he's been busy with window stuff and should commit something nice this
evening.

--
http://www.gnurou.org