Re: [Adonthell-devel] Start me up! (might be: Crash me down)

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Start me up! (might be: Crash me down)
Date: 15 Mar 2002 12:05:37 +0100

> So, alextest.exe runs. Does not switch to fullscreen. It runs in a 640x480
> window, and does not show the .pnm anywhere where it is fully visible.
> Instead, I see a small white drawing in the upper left-hand corner, so I
> think that maybe the .pnm is getting drawn off-screen.

Very weird. Could you post a screenshot somewhere? Under Linux, the PNM
is correctly drawn. Maybe that's because the DLL and the program hasn't
been compiled on the same system. Do anyone else experience the same
problem?

> So, uh. I dunno. It accepts input, though, because I can quit by pushing
> ESC.

Good! :)

> If you want, I can try my hand at compiling the thing with VC++. It'll
> probably work out better that way. Y'know, if I compile it natively in
> Windows, etc. I'll need a working source package, though. I suppose I could
> get a Win32 CVS client, but. . .

One problem if people start working with VC++ is that it requires
projects files and doesn't build at all with the same philosophy than
automake/autoconf. Which means, we'll probably get incompatibilities at
source level, it'll be much harder to maintain, etc...

I think we can get as good results with a cross compiler, without the
flaws. mingw32 has been tested with many, many things for Windows
(including the huge WxWindows), the maybe it's just the pnm code which
doesn't work well, or linkage problems with the DLLs. I'll concentrate a
bit on that.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org