[Adonthell-devel] libfreetype2, callback and namespace

From: joel vennin
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] libfreetype2, callback and namespace
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:20:23 +0100 (CET)

Hello all funny team ;)

First subject: libfreetype2
  I'm ready to use libfreetype2 for adonthell GUI,
i'll write some stuff to manipulate freetype mopre
easily.
So if you're not agree tell me, otherwise i use it

Second subject:
Currently we use callback<> and makefunctor. So i
decide to create a class to manipulate severals
callback with one variable:

template<class Treturn,..>
class callback_slot : private hash<...>
{
  public:

  //set callback slot activate or not
   set_enable(bool);

 //connect event a this callback, you can add lots of
event and their associative method (here callback
stuff (makefunctor if you prefer))
    connect(const std::string & event_name, some
callback stuff...);

    //remove a event_name callback from the hash
    disconnect(const std::string & event_name);

    //update function with a event name, if event is
present in the hash so execute the callback
    Treturn update(const std::string & event_name);
};

So it can be usefull and more cleanner, so i'm ready
to use it for new GUI, tell me your suggestion

Subject number three:
  THere are lots of work on adonthell projet, lots of
class and other ....
I think we must organize adonthell in several parts.
So several choice is possible:
    rename classes, by example all class like
drawing_area, surface, image in adk_drawing_area,
adk_surface. Adk is adonthell drawing kit .
It can be a solution, or we add namespace, in this
case
namespace adk
{
 class image;
 class surface;
}

You know what i mean, so the discution is open !!!!

}