Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] I'm back !!!
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:23:00 +0100 (CET)

On 18 Feb 2002 14:25:15 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote
> [ ^_^ .... skipped the classic troll .... ^_^ ]

Phew - already feared I'd launch another flame war ;).

> Wouldn't the same listener thing be possible with queues instead of
> callbacks? I quite like it (the listener), and actually it looks like
> the system the NeL guys put on (see docs section under
> http://www.nevrax.org).

You mean a bit like the current system, where the keypresses are sorta
queued, and whoever is interested in keyboard input would look at the
queue and pick out what is there?

Please correct me if I got this wrong.

The advantage of the callbacks is that you'd only recieve them if there is
a keypress, whereas with the queue you had to look each game cycle, no
matter if a key has been pressed or not.

I think this would be a cleaner approach.