Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adjustments to items.h ?

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adjustments to items.h ?
Date: 14 Feb 2002 20:50:39 +0100

> If an item has a core potential for fire (Molotov cocktail), and by
> interacting with another item it becomes a poisonous gas potion, we need not
> change the core attributes of the potion.  We only need to set an attribute
> into the secondary and tertiary property fields in that item's definition.

This raises another point. Say you combine two objects, which gives you
another, totally different object. How would you handle that? In my
solution (I know I speak a lot about it, but it's the one I have the
best in mind ;)), the combine function would check the types of the
objects, and return the new object as a pointer.

Uh, quite confused by the mails flow - I'll print them and have a deeper
read tomorrow, 'cause I certainly have missed things.

Alex.

--
http://www.gnurou.org