Re: [Adonthell-devel] More about the problem

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] More about the problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:53:50 +0000

Kai Sterker wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 January 2002 17:21, you wrote:
>
> > The mail I've sent a few minutes before this one.
>
> Huh? I never got that. Sorry.
>
> > Waste's Edge
> > building failed when byte-compiling schedules because it tried to run
> > automake while it wasn't available on the box I've tried it on. As
> > there were no reasons why automake should be run (as it comes from the
> > package) I wondered what happened and asked whether you had this
> > problem too.
>
> I did not try the data package myself. Maybe it comes from a last minute
> change to one of the Makefile.am's, as a script was missing in there.
> Perhaps you have to run 'make' before 'make dist' so that the Makefile.in
> get's recreated correctly.
>
> Can you have a look, cirrus? If so we still can silently update the data
> package. ;P

Yeah, I think I didn't do a make before make dist. I have now :) If
that'll fix it I can re-upload the data package right now!

(should this be wastesedge-0.3.1.tar.gz ?)

Thing is, I can't test if it makes a difference since I have automake
installed (isn't that the case for most linux users?)

> > As we got no feedback about this problem yet, I suppose it only
> > happened to me - but it might be interesting to know why it happened.

Whoever gave us 5 stars on happypenguin.org obviously didn't have any
problems :)

        -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821