[Adonthell-devel] space --> enter?

From: cirrus
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] space --> enter?
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 12:39:10 +0000

I was just playing the game again (how do you get into the pantry to
find the gem (or can't u do that yet?)). Anyway, I've been wondering
about the controls. At the moment space is our 'action' button, but I'm
now wondering if it wouldn't be better to change that to enter (of
course providing that this is easy to change in the code, if it isn't
forget it!). There are two reasons for this. Firstly almost everyone I
show the game tries enter first - I always need to tell them to use
space! Secondly - and more importantly - using enter would make entering
the player name and names for save-games more straight forward. At the
moment you choose a save game with space but need to press enter when
you're done. If enter was used for the selection it would be enter for
everything and space would just be a symbol while typing stuff. I recon
most people would find that more logical than the way it is now.

comments?

                -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821