[Adonthell-devel] intro gfx complete!

From: cirrus
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] intro gfx complete!
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:44:01 +0000

Finally I've gotten of my lazy as and done the gfx!

I've put them on the ftp as nu-intro-gfx.tgz.

intro_inn is the complete inn entrance that goes in front of the
background. This parallax scrolls above the sky and mountain background.
When the bottom of the inn pic is reached the scrolling stops. At this
point the bottom of the background image should be just below the height
of the top of the gate-posts - this is so that you see as much sky and
mountains as possible during the scrolling before the inn begins to come
into view. I hope you understand what I mean!

player.pnm is the player who parallax scrolls above the inn (so he moves
fastest, because he is closest). At the end of the scrolling the bottom
of his pic should be in line with the bottom of the screen. His pic also
needs to be 167 pixels from the left edge of the screen.

I've attached a rough fakeshot of what the 3 layers should look like
when they hve finished scrolling. Bear in mind that at this point you
will only see the lower 240 pixels of the whole image!

I think the scrolling of this part cn be a lot slower than it currently
is - I think the player should only be becoming visible when it says "..
you eventually find the red-wyne inn - the heavy wooden gates appear to
be locked..."
Now the intro continues as before - except, the part where you see the
same view of the inn we just had but with Talan at the gate - the image
used there should be replaced by the last view of the three layers plus
the intro_talan.pnm.  This image goes on top of the inn layer and has an
offset of 125px vertically and 51px horizontally from the top-left
corner of the inn-image (it might be +/- one pixel).
Right, that should be the intro done!

Btw, Alex, the gates on the map still aren't fixed. Can you move the
upper gate down by one square and put that wall bit I made behind it.
Thanks!

I'll start the outro gfx asap and then I'll prepare the gfx for the
inside of the barn, so we can make map-objects. If I'm not mistaken that
should be all!

Remember, remember the 31st of December! :P

        -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821

JPEG image