Re: [Adonthell-devel] Game saving

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Game saving
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 20:34:57 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:24:23 +0100 (CET) Kai Sterker wrote

>> Oh, right. A simple XOR checksum would do the trick then, you agree? :)
>
> Hm, I thought about CRC32, but XOR might already be sufficient.

Just for the protocol: apart from crc32, zlib.h provides another checksum
function: adler32. It says:

"An Adler-32 checksum is almost as reliable as a CRC32 but can be
computed much faster."

Since we're using zlib anyway, I'd suggest we use this adler32 for our
checksum.