Re: [Adonthell-devel] adonthell won't run :(

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] adonthell won't run :(
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 21:54:31 +0100 (CET)

---Reply to mail from cirrus about [Adonthell-devel] adonthell won't run :(
> It compiles fine but I get this:
>
> Using 16bpp depth: 320x240.
> Audio started in 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo format.
> exec_file: init load failed!
>

> Ideas?

Not really, just two suggestions:

You could reconfigure with the --with-py-debug options, recompile and see
if there are additional error messages.

Make sure you have recent data (I guess you have) and have them properly
installed. Try if adonthell -g /path/to/wastesedge works. (Give the path
to the local working dir, not to /usr/local/share/wastesedge).

Maybe you'll have to delete any *.pyc files from the working directory and
run make again. I think they are not remade even if there is a newer .py
file there. And since only the .pyc files are installed, you might end up
with an old/invalid script.

You'll most likely also have to remake the scripts if you updated your
version of python.